August 14-17, 2016
Westin Convention Center
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
OF SCIENTIFIC PROGRAM
The meeting unites professionals engaged in the practice and study of medical laboratory immunology and provides an opportunity to enhance their knowledge of immunologic principles and their application to autoimmune disorders (e.g. anti-phospholipid syndrome, autoimmune myositis), infectious diseases (SIRS, Zika virus), immune-mediated endocrinopathies, connective tissue diseases, primary immunodeficiency, immunotherapy and quality assurance/quality control of immunologic testing. Attendees will learn from experts in the field new and cutting-edge information about the pathogenesis, diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of these disorders.
After attending the meeting attendees should be able to:
- Discuss new laboratory tests and information on autoimmune disorders; updates on anti-phospholipid syndrome, autoimmune myositis, and ANA testing
- Discuss the role of immune testing in immune-mediated endocrinologic diseases, connective tissue diseases, and immunodeficiency diseases.
- Describe the role of serology in infectious diseases (SIRS, CMV, Zika virus and pediatric infectious diseases)
- Discuss the evolution of the clinical immunology laboratory from serology to immunodiagnostics to systems biology
- Describe new approaches and technologies for assessing immune diseases from rheumatic diseases to inflammatory disorders and tumor microenvironments in cancer
- Discuss the role of genomics and gene therapy in primary immunodeficiencies