Send any job opportunities appropriate for posting HERE
July 7, 2021
Post Doctoral Scientist – RI Genomic Medicine
Nationwide Children’s Hospital
We are seeking an IGM Post-Doctoral Scientist to join our team. The Steve and Cindy Rasmussen Institute of Genomic Medicine, in collaboration with the Immunology Clinic (Division of Allergy/Immunology) at Nationwide Children’s Hospital to work in a newly established multi-disciplinary translational immunology program, focused on bringing “-omic” approaches to the diagnosis of inborn errors of immunity.
* * * * *
June 17, 2021
Clinical Immunology lab seeks operations manager.
Since 1983, ELISA/ACT® Biotechnologies, LLC, (www.ELISAACT.com) has provided and researched ex vivo lymphocyte response assays and their clinical applications to autoimmune conditions. This position leads the operational development of the cell culture CLIA certified lab. The lab includes a working lab supervisor and a variety of teams: Lab technicians, customer services, client development, quality control, as well as an informatics and logistics. Community based outcome studies are performed under agreement with the Health Studies Collegium Foundation (www.HealthStudiesCollegium.org).
In addition to contributing to the efficient and effective operation of the lab, this person is included in the weekly management team meetings that reviews the finance, product development, educational activities, projects in process. This includes regular comparison to both base case and stretch case budgets. The Laboratory Manager is accountable for, and ensures that the laboratory meets operational and customer expectations in a timely and effective manner while in compliance to corporate quality, environmental, Health & Safety requirements.
This is a full time opportunity for someone who is passionate about clinically applied lab procedures including their personalized interpretation.
The candidate is responsible for the following:
- Represents the business to clients, peers and employees and acts with professionalism at all times (verbal, email correspondence).
- Ensures that company policies are followed and understood by all personnel.
- Monitors and reports weekly highlights, monthly revenue predictions, production status (i.e. # samples processed/personnel, Revenue/personnel, KPIs).
- Participates in management meetings and summarizes lab’s operational performance.
- Assists in planning and writing Statement of Work (SOW) / Request for Proposals (RFP)’s
- Participates in business development activities to expand the business operation.
- Responsible for…
√ timesheet approvals and consumables management & timely approval of supplies.
√ responding promptly to client and all other requests within company.
- Provides guidance on monthly operations forecast.
- Assists in preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual operating and capex budgets.
- Follows industry and corporate regulations and policies for safe handling and disposal of samples.
- Schedules lab and equipment resources to meet client requirements.
- Schedules the purchase of lab supplies and preparing ordering lists.
- Maintains laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintains laboratory equipment performance by establishing quality standards; developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair.
- Maintains laboratory information system (FileMaker) by identifying information needs and problems; recommending improvements; establishing priorities; testing; writing user manuals; training employees; maintaining security and confidentiality.
- Implements new programs, tests, methods, instrumentation, and procedures by investigating alternatives; preparing proposals; developing and performing parallel testing; monitoring progress.
The lab uses a FileMaker post-relational database to log, process, and report results. The lab has processed over 90,000 specimens with an average of 300 lymphocyte cell cultures per specimen.
The company has a full time IT manager, warehouse and finance department at a nearby location where an affiliated professional nutritional company has its offices. Dr Russell Jaffe, the CEO of the lab is also CEO of the affiliated entities (www.DrRussellJaffe.com).
The lab is adding dental compatibility tests and validating functional platelet aggregation tests as accretive to its focus on restoring immune defense and repair tolerance through personalized tests and interpretations.
The lab and related enterprises occupy 25,000 square feet of space in the Northern Virginia suburbs of Washington, DC.
A competitive compensation package appropriate to the candidates background, including incentive bonus as well as company-wide profit sharing are included.
Please provide indication of interest along with a resume and any additional information helpful in reviewing the application.
Please submit applications to: